Why is Direct Primary Care Important to Employers?
In 2022, the total average employer cost, including premiums, rose to an estimated $15,013 per employee, up from $13,360 in 2021.
Direct Primary Care is just a payment model – nothing else. It is transparent membership-based healthcare and not a replacement for health insurance (although it can be offered as a stand-alone service). At Exemplar Care, we utilize the Direct Primary Care model to maximize quality care and minimize employer and employee costs.
Improve Quality of Care
- Personalized individual time with a primary care provider
- Same or next-day appointments
- Focused treatment for chronic care conditions
- Provide preventative care -navigator, advocate and coach
Reduce Overall Cost of Care
- Flat monthly fee, no copays, or deductibles
- Inclusion of labs and imaging services performed in clinic
- Reduces unnecessary hospital / ER/specialists costs
- Provide referrals to specialists that deliver improved value
Businesses that would benefit from Direct Primary Care through Exemplar Care include:
- Businesses with self-funded health insurance
- DPC partners well with High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs)
- Businesses that see their insurance premiums increase every year.
- Employers concerned about health benefits with regard to recruitment, retention, and workplace wellness.
- Employers with part-time and contract workers who may not qualify for traditional health insurance.